You asked for a short hairstyle tutorial, so here’s a cute hairstyle that’s super fast and easy to do! The #CGHSideFrenchBack is a French braid with a twist at the end and works perfectly for short hair! (Do not worry, it looks good on long hair too!) This will be your new favorite hairstyle because it can dress up or down and is a stylish way to pull your hair out of your face.
To see your own photo replicas of this style in our CGH app, you can share your photos on IG with #CGHSideFrenchBack
Required items: brush, rat tail comb, 1-2 small hair ties, 1-2 hairpins, hair spray or spray wax (if desired).
Time required: 3 minutes or less
For the full tutorial, click here:
Step by step instructions:
1. Begin by selecting a side on which to place the braid. Take a small piece of hair forward and split it into 3 sections.
2. Take the 3 sections and start with the French braid. Tip: Try to keep the braid as tight as possible, and take small pieces as you add hair into your braid.
3. Continue to add hair into the braid, and braid back until it aligns about at the top of your ear. It is easiest to snap hair aligned with the ear to keep the braid as straight as possible.
4. Once you have finished your French plait, continue to braid your hair.
5. Next, take an elastic and wrap it around the base where you finished French braid to create a small ponytail to hold your braid.
6. Once you’ve wrapped the rubber band in a ponytail, you can pull the braid apart or braid to give it a boho look.
7. Finally, take a small piece of the ponytail, wrap it around the elastic to hide the elastic band, and secure it with a hair clip.