Twist hairstyles based on African styles are great alternatives to braids and they will never go out of fashion. If you’re looking for the most beautiful and trendiest twists for your hair, read on and take a look at our pictures below for inspiration. These examples will stand out and you will receive many compliments when you wear them.
Twist hairstyles are very versatile and therefore they come in so many great variations for every taste. From small turns, medium to large, they are fascinating and benefit women with strong, healthy hair. Black women are most fortunate when it comes to this aspect because their hair is great for twists. Do some experiments on your own to see what suits you best or go to a professional hairdresser who will decide which are the best twist hairstyles for you.
Advice and recommendations
There is some advice that you need to consider before you make twist hairstyles to get the best results. Take care and make sure you use them:
• First of all, your hair must be very healthy. Take care and use a professional conditioner.
• If you choose to spin, your hair must be moist. Use some hair oil and then use the hair dryer to dry it about 90%. The results depend on how wet or dry your hair is, because there are different twist hairstyles that you can try out. The differences are that the wet hair shrinks the twists, while the dry hairs make more hair length visible.
• The best results are for real hair. Therefore, it is preferable to keep the hair in its natural state. This means that you are not allowed to use the iron.
• Small turns take longer than the big turns, as they tend not to age and age quickly, but they take a long time to be created and then mined.
• Do not try to use different ornaments or anything made of synthetic hair, as this would ruin the whole aspect of your hairstyle.
• You can have simple twists or you can mix them with other hairstyles. For example, a great way to combine twists with Cornrows.
Nice twist hairstyles
After you have taken our advice, you can decide which hairstyle you would like to try out. The regular turns made for natural hair are the most accessible, but you can also try other lovely types. The high roll bobs are a good option, which you can get very easily because you only have to spin your turns into a high ponytail and then use some bobby pins to make the bun.
You can also wear your turns in a low ponytail, or half-high and half-down, twisted French styles, up-dos, flat turns in a Mohawk, ingenious cornrows, cute twisted rollers, swirling twists and more.